Steer Clear Of These First Date Conversation Don'ts!
Well, well, today TBD is in the mood for some first date advice! Who's interested? ;)
Okay, let's admit it... first dates are special; and no, we're not talking about those butterflies-in-the-stomach kind of clichés! There's something electric about the initial excitement, those stolen eye glances, and carefree demeanour. But the most important factor about a first date is the kind of conversation you engage in. Looks can be deceptive, but if you guys connect at the conversational level, chances are that more dates might follow. Our first date conversation don'ts are what you strictly need to avoid in order make an impression.
- Do not fish for facts; facts are boring. Nobody wants to go through an FBI interrogation on a date! So, stay away from question like "How long have you been working there?" or "How many brothers and sisters do you have?"
- Okay, so here comes the cardinal rule of dating – Do not bring up anything about your ex, good or bad! In fact, don't even bring up the topic of past relationships unless, of course, your date asks you about it.
- "So, why are you single?" is a question that you should never ask on a first date, especially if you're a woman; guys hate to be asked such a cliché question! Also, if you're quizzed about this, come up with a quirky answer rather the boring ‘I-never-got-the-perfect-guy' or ‘most-guys-are-dogs' kind of answers!
- Get this in your head – Your date is not here to learn about your secrets. So, don't try to be an open-book sort of a person on the first date itself! Work towards making your date fun rather than making the one sitting opposite to you run for the mountains.
- The kind of conversations that seem normal among your group of besties may not be apt for your first date. So, girls... refrain from sharing how gross your last period was, and guys... don't try elaborating on how you drunk-dialled your school crush on your last booze spree!
- If your date seems touchy on a certain topic, it's better to leave it to rest instead of visibly poking him/her to the level of irritation. Remember that it's just the first date and they might be having their own reasons of not bringing up a particular topic.
Also Read: Love Tips: How To Convince A Girl For A Date
The next time when you're getting all dressed up for a special date night, you know what not to talk about! ;)