Stop Snoring And Sleep Well With These Easy Remedies
The figures state that 45% of adults snore. If you're one of them, let me tell you that apart from being an irritating habit for your bed partner, snoring is a major threat to your health. Over time, snoring decreases the quality and quantity of your sleep and sleep deprivation has never done good to anybody.
Allergy, obesity, smoking, drugs, aging are some of the causes behind snoring. Read on if you've had enough about everybody mocking at your habit of snoring.
- Using a humidifier may help if you snore because of an excessively dry atmosphere. A humidifier maintains the level of moisture in the air and hence does not irritate your nose. On the other hand, ensure your body is hydrated too before you retire at night.
- Anybody who sleeps beside a snorer will vouch for the fact that you are more prone to snoring when you lie on your back. So try to get into the habit of sleeping on your side. It might be difficult initially, but it will eventually help to curb your habit.
Also Read: What Your Sleep Position Says About You
- Avoid alcohol for five hours prior to when you plan to sleep. This will significantly reduce your chances of snoring.
- Try using oral appliances which are placed over the teeth while sleeping. It ensures that your airway is open and there is no blockage in the nose and throat.
- Taking a hot shower or using nasal sprays are quite helpful in keeping your nose from blocking and ensuring that you have a long and peaceful sleep.
- Stop smoking! The smoke can irritate your nose and lead to congestion. Quit smoking and you'll no longer be prone to snoring.
Consistent snores are no good for you or the people around you. People tend to overlook their snores and laugh it off. It's time you take this habit seriously and work towards curbing it. Stop snoring, have a complete sleep and wake up refreshed each morning… and let your room partner too.