Summer Care Tips: How To Avoid And Treat Sun Tanning
The scorching sun harms us in more ways than you can think of. Apart from the humid atmosphere which is almost unbearable at times, the summer heat also leads to summer tanning and sunburns. Did you know that excessive sun exposure can also cause skin cancer? Hence, taking precautionary methods against the harmful ultraviolet rays is of utmost importance. Since the season is already here, we thought of doing our bit by telling you about the different ways through which you can avoid and treat sun tanning. Read on to find out.
Also Read: 5 Best Ways To Combat Sweat In Summer
How To Avoid Sun Tanning:
- Avoid any exposure to the sun during the daytime. Following this step alone reduces your chances of sun tanning majorly.
- However tempting it may be to go for minimal clothing because of the heat, always choose protective clothes. Light coloured and light weight clothing is what you need during summer. Go for clothes that cover maximum possible parts of your body.
Also Read: 8 Summer Fashion Trends That Will Rule 2016
- An umbrella, hat and sunglasses should be your must-haves, come summer!
- Swear by sunscreen during the hot months. Applying it just once may not be enough; so carry a bottle of sunscreen along with you at all times.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day by drinking a lot of water.
- Avoid wearing too much of makeup during the summer months.
- It is mandatory to cleanse your skin and hair after you take a swim in chlorinated waters during summer.
- Most importantly, wash your face with cold water 2 or 3 times a day.
Also Read: Skin And Hair Care Tips For Summer
How To Treat Sun Tanning:
- Use a scrub to get rid of the dead skin cells after exposure to the sun. If not daily, use a scrub at least twice a week.
- You can remove the tan from your hands and legs by waxing. Unfortunately, this method cannot be used for removing facial tan.
- Make a paste of aloe vera gel and a few drops of lemon juice. Rub this paste onto the tanned areas to remove skin tanning.
- Create a mixture of besan, curd and a dash of lemon juice. Apply this paste as a pack to the tanned body parts twice a week for effective tan removal. Rinse it off with warm water once dry.
- Make a mixture of turmeric (haldi) powder, curd and honey. Apply this pack on tanned skin and let it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
- Rubbing a cucumber slice, peeled potato skin or papaya pulp over the tanned areas also helps get rid of skin tan.
Summer tanning is a common problem and can happen easily if you miss out on these important precautions. Know how to avoid and treat sun tanning, and beat the heat this summer!
Also Read: Summer Skin Care Tips For Men