Super Easy Decor Ideas To Light Up Your House This Diwali
You know it's Diwali when you see roadside vendors deck up their shops with a variety of string light, colourful diyas, and a horde of crackers. Needless, Diwali lights up our lives in ways more than one. But what about our homes? They, too, deserve a little lighting up, don't they? :)
While you may have been investing in those regular diyas and candles every year, why don't you try something different this year? It is the season of DIY; so bring out the artist in you and get set to decorate your place with these cute Diwali decor ideas. The best part is that this craft session won't take more than a few easily available items. So let's begin!
Also Read: Easy 3-Step Underwater Rangoli For Diwali
- Have extra paper cups lying around your kitchen? Colour them in bright shades and make a hole at the centre of the bottom of each cup. Pass each bulb of a string light through each cup and you're done!
- Want scented candles without splurging excessively? Cut out orange peels in various shapes and place a small candle in the centre. Alternatively, you could also surround your candles with cinnamon sticks. Your guests will be eager to find out the source of the aroma!
- Don't throw away discarded egg cartons. Paint them and cut out the individual pieces. Make a hole in the centre and insert a bulb of a string light through each part. Nobody would know the secret of your flower-like lights ;)
- Wrap homemade laddoos in colourful wrappers and give them the look of toffees. Place a tray of wrapped laddoos in the living area. Not only do they add to the decor, your guests now also have cute return gifts to take back home.
- Bring out a set of old glass bangles and use glue to stick them one over the other to make a container. Place a lighted candle in between and see how cute they look!
Also Read: Cool Unusual Gift Ideas For Diwali
- Use glue to stick a strip of lace over a shotglass and place a lighted candle in it. Use them to decorate a dark corner of the house during Diwali.
Which DIY idea is your favourite? Tell us in the comments below :)
Mahima Bhat (Youtube Channel)