Take The Help Of These Natural Treatments For Keloids
The ugliest truth of my life are the horrible keloids on my arms and legs! Believe me when I say, if you don't want know what a keloid is, you're lucky.
In simple words, keloids are stubborn, irregularly shaped scars which appear on the skin. It has a brownish tinge if formed on wheatish skin and a pink tinge on fair-complexioned people. A smooth top and painlessness are some of the bearable things about a keloid scar. And the fact that it increases in size over time is the worst thing about it!
According to a survey, keloids tend to form on African Asian skin more because of the dark skin colour. Some of the most common causes of these hideous scars are chickenpox, piercings, tattoos, traumatic wounds, acne, scratches, burns and vaccination sites. Apart from this, keloids are also genetic. People nowadays are opting for surgeries and laser therapies to treat their keloids; however, eventually, they end up with even bigger scars since keloids are formed due to an overgrowth of tissue during the healing of an injury! Hence, we recommend you to go the natural way with these ugly scars. Here are some easy and effective natural treatments for keloids.
Also Read: The Best Remedies To Get Rid Of A Hickey
- Mix one part of baking soda with three parts of hydrogen peroxide. Apply this paste directly to the affected area. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Apply the juice of a fresh lemon on the affected area. Wash it with lukewarm water after about half an hour. Do this once daily.
Also Read: Beauty uses for baking soda
- Make a thick paste of sandalwood powder and rose water. Apply this paste on your keloid and let it stay overnight. Wash it off in the morning.
- Powder three aspirin tablets and make a paste with the help of water. Apply this directly on your scar and let it dry before washing off.
- Crush a few garlic cloves and apply this paste on the concerned scar. Let it stay for ten minutes before you wash off.
- Extract the juice of an onion and apply this on your keloid scar.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on your keloid scars twice a day and let them absorb it.
- Honey also works wonders in reducing the size of a keloid. Just apply raw honey on the scar.
- Trust fuller's earth or multani mitti to work on a keloid. Make a paste of it along with rose water and lemon juice. Apply this to the area and let it dry before you wash it.
- Rubbing your scar with certain oils like tea tree oil, lavender oil and mustard oil also works.
Disclaimer: Whatever method you follow, do it twice or thrice a day for at least a month to see visible results in the size of the scar. Be patient, because natural remedies take time but they certainly help you in getting rid of the problem for good!