TBD Must-Know: Natural Alternatives Of Toothpaste
If I got you guys thinking about what's wrong with a humble tube of toothpaste and why exactly do we need to find an alternative to it, allow me. We never actually realize that oral problems like cavities or ulcers can be caused by our toothpaste as well. Over the years, our toothpaste has been commercialized as well, just like all other health products. Things like fluoride, glycerin and artificial sweeteners which are used by most brands are harmful to our body. Hence, it has become all the more necessary to switch to something more natural and harmless. Here is our list of some of the best natural alternatives of toothpaste.
- Trust rock salt (akkha namak) to help you with your oral woes. Dissolve sea salt in water, dip your toothbrush in the saltwater and brush as you normally would.
- Baking soda is definitely one of the most multi-purpose items in your kitchen. You can either dip your toothbrush in baking soda before brushing or let it dissolve in water beforehand. Either way, sparkling teeth will be the end result.
Also Read: Tooth brushing mistakes you may be making
- Herbal tooth powders are advised by dentists because of their beneficial herbal ingredients. They do a good job in cleaning your teeth and keep oral infections and inflammation at bay.
- Does it get any simpler than this? Dry bushing is one of the best options when you've run out of toothpaste, though it might feel a bit strange at first and will not leave a minty feel in your mouth.
- Tooth soap is the new rage in the world of oral care. There are a lot of brands which specialize in making natural tooth soaps which are the perfect alternatives of toothpaste.
- Coconut oil also makes for an amazing toothpaste alternative. It can be used alone, with baking soda or essential oils.
Stop risking your precious teeth because of the harmful ingredients which might be present in your toothpaste. It's time to go natural with these safe alternatives of toothpaste.