TBD Tips And Tricks To Colour Your Hair At Home
It's always a fun idea to colour your hair at home. You may go for something bold and out there, or something as simple as the mild reddish hue of henna. However, there are certain dos and don'ts you need to follow when you decide to colour your hair at home. So, grab you gloves and tools, and get started on this.
1) It is always recommended that you do not do anything drastic at home when it comes to hair colouring. For instance, if you want to go completely blonde from brunette, do not do it at home. Visit the salon for quality and desired results.
2) If you are planning to dye your hair, always buy two packs of hair colour. In case you run out of colour while you are halfway through with your hair, you will always have another pack ready.
3) Keep all your tools ready. A pair of gloves, a good brush, a big plastic bowl and a shower cap, these are the must-haves when you are colouring your hair.
Also Read: Ask Your Hair Care Queries To The TBD Expert
4) Squirt out all of the dye from the tube into the bowl before you start colouring. Refrain from squeezing the dye from the tube every time you colour a new strand. Use the bowl and the brush to get the job done.
5) Before you start, always do a strand test. Do not straight away start painting your hair with dye. If you are trying a new shade, take a hidden strand of hair and test on it first. It's always better to have a little trial rather than regretting later.
6) Apply a coat of Vaseline or solid lip balm along your hairline to protect your skin from the dye. Also, you don't want any streaks on your forehead, right?
7) You can use a toothbrush or mascara wand to add highlights to your hair. Take less amount of dye and apply it on strands that the sun would hit. This will help you create lovely highlights that will radiate against the sunlight.
8) Apply the colour to your roots first and slowly glide the brush down to the tips. Your roots need the most amount of processing time to get the desired colour.
9) Keep wet wipes handy while colouring your hair at home. This way you can wipe away dye or henna splatters easily off your skin.
10) Once done colouring, cover your head with a disposable shower cap before you start wandering around. This will prevent the dye from staining or dripping.
11) Finally, wash your hair with a mild shampoo so that you do not wash off the colour too much.
These are some of the essential tips and tricks that must be kept in mind before colouring your hair at home. So, follow these steps and dye your hair the right way.