TBD's Monsoon Makeup Tips: Look Stunning Even In The Rains
The monsoons bring out one universal habit in all women– waking up in the morning and looking out of the window, in an effort to make the weather forecast of the day. And it's super essential! After all, that's how we decide the clothes and the makeup for the day :)
But it's finally time to get rid of the ordeal! Our monsoon makeup tips will help you maintain a subtle balance between looking beautiful and not risking the rain washing away all your makeup. Follow our rainy-day makeup guide and look stunning, irrespective of the weather.
- Between cleaning your face and beginning with makeup, rub an ice cube all over your face for 10 minutes. This trick prevents your skin from getting all sweaty due to the high humidity of this weather.
Also Read: 5 Must-Try 5-Minute Rainy Day Hairstyles
- Women with oily-skin type should use an astringent and those with dry or combination skin should stick to a toner to prep their skin for makeup.
- Begin with a water-resistant primer. It acts as smear-proof base against all the dust, perspiration, and water.
- Save your liquid-based and cream-based foundations for days with clear skies. Opt for a powder-based one if you don't want a makeup-meltdown fiasco!
- Curb the temptations to use blushes and concealers. Remember that you should only stick to basic products in the wet season.
- Switch from cream eyeshadows to powder eyeshadows, as they stay put for a longer period of time.
Also Read: 8 Monsoon Skin Care Tips You Must Follow
- Go low on the kajal. Or better still, skip it as kohl tends to turn smudgy during the rains.
- Move over liquid liners and opt for pencil liners or gel eyeliners instead. They give a smoother, matte-finish.
- In the monsoons, only go for waterproof mascara. If you're going minimalistic with the rest of your makeup, add an extra coat of mascara to let your eyes stand out.
- Also, try to maintain the shape of your eyebrows during the rainy season because eyebrow makeup melts sooner than the rest.
- Go for a long-lasting matte lipstick, preferably in darker shades. And yes, skip the lip gloss altogether!
Golden Rule 1: M for monsoons; M for matte. We strongly recommend not using sheer, shimmer, or glossy makeup.
Golden Rule 2: This one is a no-brainer... use only waterproof makeup products.
Golden Rule 3: This season is all about working towards a naturally flawless glow. Choose your shades wisely; you don't wanna look all made-up.
Take help from our monsoon makeup tips and show the Rain Gods that you're a pro at the game!