The Best Remedies To Get Rid Of A Hickey
You wake up after a night full of passion and love and goofily stare at your reflection in the mirror. The plastered smile fades the instant you notice that mark on your neck. What exactly caused the mark? No points for guessing! Hickeys or love bites are conspicuous remnants of your bedroom story; and you obviously wouldn't want the world to keep guessing about what happened last night. Getting rid of hickeys is one tedious task. So let me tell you about some easy remedies to get rid of a hickey and keep your partner's recent gift to yourself ;)
Also Read: How To Get Rid Of Pimple Scars
- Place a steel spoon in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, bring it out and press it over the affected area. Do this for about 10 minutes. You could also use an ice pack for faster results.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the area and let it stay for 10 minutes. Repeat this twice a day because aloe vera soothes the bruise and reduces any irritation or pain.
- If the hickey is visible even after a few days, soak a cloth in hot water and hold it over the hickey.
- Take a soft bristled toothbrush to gently brush away the hickey area. Make sure that you don't harm yourself by using a hard bristled toothbrush.
- Rub a little alcohol over the affected area using a cotton ball. Remember to moisturize the area afterwards because alcohol tends to dry the skin.
- Rub the peel of a ripe banana over your hickey.
- If all else fails, you can always take the help of your concealer until your hickey decides to leave you alone.
Also Read: Concealer Versus Colour Corrector
- As a last resort, cover your hickey smartly. Well, I'm sure we're quite the expert at disguising a hickey by now ;)
Act fast and shoo away those purple or red love scars which are a sign of ‘the heat of the moment'. Get rid of a hickey with these simple remedies and next time, remember to focus on areas which are hidden from view *personal piece of advice* ;)
Also Read: How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks