The Miraculous Benefits of Dry Brushing Your Body
While we often treat our faces to exfoliation, face packs, scrubs, special moisturizers, and a hundred other things, the rest of our body gets left out. Dry Brushing is a technique that can be used to make your skin softer and cleaner, basically radiant! Imagine – all of this in just 10 minutes daily!
Demystifying Dry Brushing
Although it has been a part of most spas and beauty treatments since years, dry brushing became a hot favorite quite recently. Recommended by beauty experts and professional masseuses alike, let TBD tell you why you need to start dry brushing today!
Firstly, locate a natural-bristled brush, washcloth, or loofah, although a brush is the best way to go. Look for a brush whose bristles are vegetable or cactus based, equipped with a long handle.
Each morning, set aside 10-15 minutes for your dry brushing ritual. Starting from the base of your feet, use long upward strokes and brush your body, directing the movements towards your heart. Make your way upwards, making sure to use gentler strokes around your chest area.
Brush gently – your skin should feel buffed or exfoliated but stop if you experience stinging, burning, or see your skin turning red. Dedicate 5-8 brushes to each section of your body, overlapping sections in your movements.
Then, rinse it all off with a shower and make sure to thoroughly moisturize your body.
What To Expect
- Exfoliation: Since dry brushing ensures your dead skin cells are sloughed off, you will be left with satin-soft skin all year-round, if done daily. Having incorporated this into your life, you can also bid adieu to harsh scrubs and chemical-rich exfoliators!
- Renewed Lymphatic System: Your lymphatic system is responsible for flushing out toxins. Since all of us consume as well as apply a lot of chemicals, it's always a wise idea to help our body detoxify. Dry brushing towards the heart helps boost the lymphatic system, ensuring your skin is clean from the inside as well.
- Cellulite Fighter: Dry brushing over body areas where you have cellulite can help eliminate it over time. Regularly massage it using your brush, and soon, you'll say hello to streak-free skin!
- Unclogging of Pores: Waxing, shaving, and using harmful chemicals often lead to the clogging of pores. This, followed by ingrown hair, turns our skin into a living nightmare. Dry brushing can help with all of this and more! It decongests the skin by unclogging the pores, letting it breathe and be radiant.
- Energy Burst: Since the dry brushing technique leads to an increase in blood circulation, you will be left with glowing skin and a bouncy self! This is also why experts recommend you do it before your morning shower. However, if your idea of a good night is being hyped-up and ready-to-roll, you know what to do now!
Apart from this, dry brushing also promotes relaxation and an overall feeling of happiness due to its massaging properties. Aim to dry brush your body 3-4 times a week and never overdo it. Over the long run, your skin will be glowing and soft, come winter, summer, or hail!
Image Credits: Natural Home, Queen of Green