Things To Know Before You Begin Water Fasting
For those who don't know, water fasting is an effective detox method for overall health of the body. It's like giving a short break to our digestive systems that have a hard time processing all the food that enters our body 24x7. Imagine a machine that has to work non-stop! Oh, and if you thought that it's a hot new trend that the fitness freaks have come up with this time, let me tell you that water fasting has been there since ages! We list some important factors that you need to know before putting a start to water fasting.
Also Read: Makeup Fasting? What's That? We'll Tell You!
- The idea of water fasting has originated from animals who tend to go without food when they fall sick. Guess it's nature way to heal things!
- Water fasting is not a cure for all health problems. It is a way to repair the ability of our body to naturally digest food, hence lowering the risks of any health issues in the future.
- As the name suggests, water fasting is abstaining from all kinds of food, with water as the only intake. The period can range from half a day to as long as 40 days – whatever suits you.
- Some people include fruit juices and other detox liquid elements in their diet, though research proves that it is not as beneficial as only water.
- It is a common misconception that water fast has a derogatory effect on a person's health. Contrary to popular belief, sticking to just drinking water for a long period of time actually flushes out the harmful toxins from our digestive system, leading to better health.
- Ideally, a one-day water fast is a great idea for people who believe in regular detoxification of the body. It is observed that certain digestive disorders have been cured over time by intermittent water fasts.
- Oh, and did I tell you... water fasting also leads to a significant amount of weight loss? That must be enough motivation for the most of us!
- However, a pregnant woman or a person suffering from long-term chronic diseases should not try water fasting without seeking permission from their doctor.
Also Read:Know The Many Benefits Of Ice Cold Water
Water fasting is your thing if you complain of frequent stomach problems. We are up for trying it... are you?