Tips To Help Your Child Get Through His Exams
Exam time is here and children are already having a tough time memorizing those fat, boring textbooks. The last thing that they need to worry about right now is extra pressure from you guys! Yes, you... this article is meant for the parents.
Parental stress affects children in more ways than we actually realise. So, apart from health issues like fatigue, insomnia, and body ache, it can actually lead to memory lapses and inability to concentrate. And this is something they definitely don't need during such a crucial part of the year. So, here's what you, as parents, can do to make things better for your little ones :)
- To begin with, memorise your child's exam schedule. Your child will not feel like putting in his best if his parents are hardly bothered about it. Make them feel that it's a big thing for you, too!
- Don't keep a watchful eye on your kid always. Let him study at his own pace; just check on him once in a while. Also, do not set a schedule for him; let him do it by himself.
- When he is on a short break, help him to keep his mind off the pressure. Encourage him to have his dinner with the family instead of his room; it's all about sharing some light moments with him.
- Get yourself and your child into the habit of not discussing about an exam once it's over. Regretting the past will only deter him from giving his best in the next exam. So, just listen to the story and move on.
- Try your best to keep the environment at home stress-free and pleasant. Instruct everybody to try to avoid loud arguments and noisy distractions.
- Look after what your child eats during the week of the exam ‘coz nutrition is very important. Also, encourage him to not compromise on a good night's sleep.
- Lastly, believe in the fact that no exam is greater than your child; the marks he scores today do not decide whether he'll have a successful future or not. Trust his capabilities and he will be more confident of himself :)
Done with your notes? Time to execute!