Treat Skin Itching With These Helpful Home Remedies
An itchy skin can be a cause of social embarrassment; imagine you're attending an important official meeting and your back starts itching to no end. Weird, right?
Also Read: Helpful Tips To Get Rid Of An Itchy Scalp
Frequent itches can also be a sign of medical conditions that need to be treated, probably an allergy, or a dermatological condition like psoriasis. While such conditions need you to see a doctor immediately, normal itches can be cured in a number of natural ways. Go through our list of home remedies for skin itching and pick out the most convenient one for yourself :)
- The wonder kitchen ingredient, coconut oil, also promises to provide instant relief from a skin itch. Dab a little coconut oil on the affected area and use your fingertips to massage it onto your skin. Do not wash it off; let your skin absorb the oil. For permanent relief from frequent itches, do this every day right after you step out of the shower.
- The holy basil plant a.k.a tulsi is rich in anti-itching elements like camphor, eugenol, and thymol. Rub a few clean tulsi leaves over the area to soothe the itch. Alternatively, you could boil the leaves for a few minutes and use the strained water to wash off the area.
- Neem is another excellent anti-irritant ingredient. You could use its leaves in the same manner as tulsi or apply neem oil over the affected area.
- Baking soda is perfect for soothing skin irritations; just apply a paste of water and baking soda to the itchy areas. However, people with sensitive skin should stay away from this remedy.
Also Read: 6 Miraculous Beauty Benefits Of Baking Soda
- Who doesn't know how multipurpose the aloe vera plant is? Slit a leaf into half and apply the fresh gel on the affected area for instant relief.
- Whether the result of an insect bite or dry skin, almond oil and olive oil prove to be of great help, in case of a skin itch. Massage the concerned area with either of the oil and feel the instant wonder.
- The antiseptic properties of lemon make it a definite feature in our list. Rub a fresh lemon slice or massage a little fresh lemon juice onto the specific area.
Do you know of any other amazing home remedy for an irritating skin itch? Well, do not hesitate to let us know by commenting below.