Unaware Of Side Effects Of Air-Conditioning On Our Health?
We know how much you love relaxing in your air-conditioned bedroom after a tiring day. And it's totally justified; after all, most of India experiences humid weather all throughout the year! But have you looked at the other side of the coin?
Yes, your beloved air-conditioner does play an important part in your peaceful night sleep. But experts say that prolonged use of the machine can lead to degradation of your health. Baffled? Let us elaborate on the side effects of air-conditioning.
- While we do pay attention on the air-conditioners installed in our homes, we hardly know anything about how regularly our office conditioners are serviced! The vents and filters of such industrial machines are an ideal breeding place for black moulds. This eventually leads to air-borne diseases and breathing issues.
- While most of have grown to be comfortable in air-conditioned rooms, there are people who experience nausea, stuffiness and discomfort on entering such a closed atmosphere. In fact, this syndrome is also known as the sick-building syndrome!
- Do you know that central air-conditioning does not bring any fresh air into the room; it just keeps circulating the old air repeatedly? This means that you are exposed to pollutants present in the air for the entire time that you stay inside!
- Eye problems get aggravated when a person stays in an air-conditioned room for a long time. In fact, people wearing contact lenses face problems since lenses require extra moisture whereas the moisture content is really low in such an atmosphere.
- Sudden changes in temperature and humidity are not good for the body. So, if you're someone who has to continuously switch between air-conditioned and non air-conditioned atmospheres, you're at a huge risk of falling ill frequently.
- If you're not providing your skin with added moisture, it's likely to get dry if you're in too much love with your air-conditioner. The same goes for your hair.
- Lastly, people who are addicted to air-conditioners find the Indian weather intolerable. Hence, they easily fall ill when made to stay in the normal temperature.
While we know that cutting out the use of air-conditioner from your life may not be possible, we advise you to keep a check on the amount of time you spend in such an atmosphere.