We Have Reasons Behind Why Your Makeup Never Stays
We understand how you feel when you've spent precious bucks on pricey makeup products and hours perfecting their use, only to see a blotchy canvas in just a few hours. It's frustrating how even the makeup ranges that claim to stay put for an entire day don't sympathize with you. Is it just you? Are you doing something wrong? Let's find out!
- We don't need to tell you this – if your face isn't clean, your makeup will not settle, irrespective of the quality of the product. Ensure that you get rid of all the grime, dirt, and sweat before proceeding with the art.
- You're probably not using a moisturizer. A well-moisturized face will any day hold makeup better than a non-moisturized one. Plus, it also prevents the makeup products from seeping into the pores and wreaking havoc with your skin.
- The next one is an annoying habit that almost all of us are guilty of – touching the face repeatedly! We don't realise it, but frequent touches transfers the dirt from our hands to our face. Leave your makeup alone if you want it to last longer.
- If a primer's missing from your makeup bag, you probably don't even need to read the following points. A primer sets the perfect base for your makeup and hence prevents it from vanishing into thin air. So, consider investing in a good quality one.
- The women in makeup tutorials do not mattify their makeup in the end with a translucent powder for no reason. Setting your makeup with loose powder is all the more necessary if you've used cream-based products. If powder's not your thing, go for a setting spray.
- If a product refuses to stay put, recall the results of the first few applications. Did it work well? If yes, then you probably need to throw it away ‘coz it's past its expiry date.
- A lot of products are made keeping a particular skin type in mind. If you're not using products meant for your skin, the results won't be as long-lasting as you've expected.
- If you gotta run to the washroom every two hours just to reapply your lipstick, it's time you turn to the lip liner for help. That colourful pencil is not overrated, trust me.
Avoid these mistakes, and both, your face and makeup, will say thank you :)