Weatherproof Your Hair With These Easy Steps
With the change in seasons, our locks also change. While humidity leads to greasy and sweaty tresses, winter makes us say hello to static hair. So how do you manage to have gorgeous hair even while you go about through the various seasons of the year? You weatherproof it!
Also Read: Things To Avoid When You Have Dry Hair!
Don't know what that means? Weatherproofing your hair means bringing about changes in your hair care routine so that they look top notch irrespective of the temperature outside. Here's how you can continue to have enviable hair no matter what the weather changes.
- Deep conditioning hair treatments make up for the nutrition lost when you switch between humid homes and air-conditioned offices. Regular treatments replenish the moisture that's lost due to dry heat or chilly air.
- The onset of a new season brings excessive drying of our locks. Reduce the number of washes in a week to a bare minimum. Frequent hair washes leads to unwanted drying of locks.
- Regular trimming sessions are a must if you want to have gorgeous locks all year round. Not only does it reduce the chances of hair pollution, it also brings down the adverse effects of seasonal change and pollution.
- During the rainy season, stay away from heat styling as much as possible. Instead, opt for low chignons and messy buns during drizzly days.
- When the scorching sun shines on you, wear your hair naturally. Protect it with the help of hair masks and styling sprays.
- To bring down the possibilities of being caught static midday, end your shower with a cold rinse. We know it's difficult during the winters, but you're gonna love the smooth effect.
Also Read: Easy Tips To Prevent Static Hair Problems
- Lastly, never ever step out of the house with wet hair! No matter how late you're running, rushing out the door with wet locks will wreak havoc.
It's okay if you haven't been following most of these tips. Start right away and weatherproof your hair :)