Why Dates Should Top Your Winter Must-Have Foods
While most of us believe that anything that's sweet is unhealthy, there is one food that should be on your must-have list, especially during the winter season. Wondering what it is? Dates, or what we commonly call ‘khajoor'!
The human body needs external sources that can provide it with the required warmth during chilly winters. Surprisingly, dates have all the required nutrients that can do the job perfectly! Plus, the fact that they are super-tasty is all the extra incentive that we need :)
Read on to know why you should consume dates during the winter season.
- Dates have a high amount of fibre, iron, calcium, vitamins, and magnesium. When all these nutrients work together, extra internal warmth is provided to the body.
- Winters are also the time when common cold and cough become a household issue. To treat such an irritating bout of cold, all you need to do is boil 2-3 dates and eat them every morning. See the difference in just a few days!
- A blocked nose leads to difficulty in breathing. So what do you do then? Take 1-2 dates in the morning as well as the evening to reduce the problem of lack of breath.
- Winters tend to make us feel lazy and lethargic. So when you need that extra boost of energy, just pop in a few dates and feel the difference.
- Constipation becomes another big problem during the winter months. To treat it, soak a few dates in a glass of water and leave it overnight. Crush and eat them in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Pain in the joints is another common issue during the winters, especially among old people. Eating a handful of dates each day is one of the simplest ways to ease this pain.
Love khajoor? Now you have more reasons to munch on them! :)