Why You Need A Food Journal To Account Your Weight Loss Journey
You could argue that having a diary would not make a considerable difference to your relationship with the weighing machine. We are here to prove you otherwise. Since your struggle to attain that dream body can make you forget the importance of a food journal, the following points will restore your faith in the entire idea of recording what you eat. Read on to know more.
- You learn a lot about your eating habits after you start maintaining an account of your food. At the end of the month, you can actually look back at the days when had no appetite or you overstuffed yourself. Retrospect and find out the reason behind these sudden changes.
- A food journal will help you keep a track of the munch-ons that we think are irrelevant when compared to the bigger meals. Look back at the end of the day and you'll know exactly what to avoid the next day.
- If you're taking the help of a dietician or nutritionist, you're probably already maintaining a journal. An expert will have a better idea about your portion distortion once they have a look at your diary. So, accounting your number of servings is important.
- A super way of keeping yourself motivated is by recording your weight loss journey. Looking back at how you shed those initial kilos will keep you at it when the weighing machine no longer reflects a positive change. Setbacks shouldn't stop you, na?
- Lastly, the journal will be the perfect excuse to celebrate. Set little goals for yourself and celebrate when you achieve them. ‘Coz after all, your journal is not only the strict teacher but also the friend you share your good times with :)
Make your food journal your BFF and see how your weight loss journey transforms!