Yes, Women Should Lift Weight! Here's Why
As the belief goes, a woman's body looks masculine if they lift weights. Well, let's just say that it's an excuse to shy away from heavy weights because we feel that we're too delicate for them. What if I say that lifting weights proves to be beneficial for women?
Gone are the times when weights were just reserved for the guys at the gymnasium. Look at the likes of Bani J. and Ayesha Billimoria who are overthrowing feminine stereotypes with their awe-inspiring bodies. However, we are not talking about building such bodies, but a consistent dose of strength training does more good than bad!
Here's why women should lift weight and make strength training a part of her workout regimen.
- You can actually achieve your weight loss goals faster since strength training increases your metabolism rate. Lifting weights not only burns your calories while you work out but also during the next 24 hours! And now do we have your attention? :)
- Also known as an effective remedy for osteoporosis, lifting weights increases your bone density. Protecting your bone health is especially important for women because women are more prone to bone issues in future.
- With the coming of age, muscle loss sets in which can lead to diseases like diabetes, hormonal imbalances, and obesity. Muscle training helps you slow down the rate of muscle atrophy and keeps you healthier.
Also Read: 5 Exercises That Are Harmful For Your Health
- Research says that people who lift weights are happier when compared to their contemporaries. On an average, their anger levels are always low and so are there stress hormone levels!
- Lastly, weight training gives a sense of independence and new-found strength. No longer will you have to depend on men to lift heavy things; you're happily self-sufficient :)
With the proper technique and schedule, a woman working towards a fit body can easily achieve her goals with the help of strength training. So, what are you waiting for?